Monday, January 11, 2010

From Bedrest to Pelvic Rest

So I'm officially off bedrest for the time being. Instead I'm on pelvic rest. What the h_ll exactly is pelvic rest? It sounds painful if you ask me! But no, pelvic rest means no sex of any kind (including using the vibrator which I don't count as sex but apparantly my OBGYN does), and no lifting, pulling, pushing, dancing, jumping, or exercising. And furthermore if and when I start cramping I'm supposed to sit down with my feet up and rest as much as possible each day.

So if I can't lift does that mean I can't take my 8lb purse with me to run errands? And can I even "run" errands since I'll need to push a cart? Can I vacuum if I kick the vaccuum forward? What about scrubbing? Scrubbing wasn't on the list and I don't count it as exercise.

I'm quite a literal person and these directions are too ambiguous for me. I mean I get the gist of what I can and can't do but a pamphlet would have been helpful!

So the best thing about pelvic rest? Husband cooked me a dinner of comfort foods! Baked chicken and mashed potatoes- yum!!

5 weeks as of yesterday and still staying positive. I even ordered some clearance onesies from babygap. That's a huge step forward for me!! And you know what? Being positive takes much less energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment