Thursday, January 7, 2010

Casa de Positive Thinking

My house is now named Casa de Positive Thinking. Yesterday I was at the ER from 1 to 8:45pm. I had some cramping, and since cramping can either be normal in pregnancy or the first sign of miscarriage, Telenurse urged me to go to the ER. So I did. And I waited. And I finally got seen. They know I'm pregnant. It may or may not be an ectopic pregnancy- its a little too soon to tell. I also have some sort of a mass on my right ovary. I have a history of ovarian cysts so it might be that...or it might be another type of mass.

I'm not gonna lie, I was crying the ER. Husband was urging me to stay calm but when the ER doc saw me he flat out told me to get my shit together because stress would only make it worse. He said it could make or break my pregnancy. And while it took me a few minutes I did stop crying. In my defense, I was heartbroken after losing my first pregnancy and being in the ER, having an ultrasound, and seeing the Tech's face wrinkle was almost too much. Too many memories on top of raging hormones, exhaustion, and hunger. We'd woke up at 4am to get Husband to work at 5 only to find out the schedule had changed and he hadn't been notified. So after 7.5 hours of my life being spent in the ER I was on breakdown level. I hadn't eaten or had anything to drink and was actually shaking on top of all that!

So back to the main reason I'm writing. I'm back on bedrest. Now nicknamed "Resting Sabbatical." I'm in bed, watching TV, redoing my Farmville Farm, giving myself a peptalk, and praying. Casa de Positive Thinking is only for upbeat attitudes! This is a new year and I'm in our new house and its time for some new ways of thinking!!!! My Mom attributes her beating cancer to her positive attitude and I'm taking the same approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment