Sunday, September 13, 2009

So back to the story.. As I was saying, its a kind of a miracle that I'm pregnant. See, for almost five years doctors have been telling me that I'll have trouble conceiving. About five years ago I started having some issues with my baby makin' parts. I had a LEEP, which is where they scrape precancerous or cancerous tissue out of your cervix. A year later I had a HUGE, ie two centimeter cyst removed from my right ovary along with endometriosis. A year later I had more endometriosis removed. My OBGYNs- all seven that I was seeing, yes SEVEN, recommended birth control pills to control my ovarian cysts and endometriosis. They said if my stubborn ovaries would just go dormant for awhile via The Pill all the ickiness should clear up. But it didn't and none of them could figure out why.
Anyway!!
I wasn't married until recently and I didn't want to start trying for a baby with just anybody. My almost certain infertility weighed heavily on my mind but I felt trapped. What could I do without a husband? When I met my now husband we had several conversations about my malfunctioning ovaries and we decided that we'd try until Husband's Army contract was up and then seek infertility treatments since TriCare (military health insurance) doesn't cover much at all. The plan was that if we didn't get pregnant soon after that we'd seek a child for adoption.
So in early May I stopped my birth control pills. I expected to be plagued with more ovarian cysts almost immediately but I really didn't have much of an issue. And guess what! Ten weeks later I was pregnant! We really didn't expect it to happen so quickly! And its still pretty scarey and nerwracking because we thought we'd have a little more time to save money and get prepared...but honestly we are thrilled. We couldn't be happier.
And now I'm incubating our little Miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, got to your blog via cinchouse, I'm AnchoredByAnderson, I absolutely love how you say you are "incubating" made me laugh! Good luck, I'm following now!

    ReplyDelete